BritPACT’s privacy statement
We are BritPACT, the British Psoriatic Arthritis Consortium. We take the protection of your data seriously and keep it safe, we do not sell it on to any third parties. We process your name and contact details, and, if relevant, the type of rheumatic condition you have in order to invite you to information events and research opportunities. We may pass it to the third party service providers referred to below. Further information on our systems is available from our data management policy here.
BIRD’s research, education and secretariat provision for the British Psoriatic Arthritis Consortium (BritPACT)
For our research, education and other activities, the Bath Institute for Rheumatic Diseases (BIRD) collects your personal information. BritPACT keep a separate contact list for patient partners. As part of the registration process for our annual education days, research groups and patient related activities we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about future events and research opportunities and to send updates about our work; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We do not share, rent or trade email lists or any of your information with other organisations and businesses.
using our website
This website is designed to showcase who we are and the services we provide:-
- we do not capture any personally identifiable information when you simply browse our website
- we do use anonymous cookies and website analytics via a third-party service, Google Analytics, to understand and improve how our website works as described below
- we do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website
- we use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website
- If you choose to complete our contact us form or email us, then of course we will start to work with you and keep your details to pursue any mutual & legitimate business interests
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
looking after your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
sharing your data
We will not give, sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may share personal information to third party service providers who help us to process information, specifically MailChimp (for invitations and newsletters) SurveyMonkey (for invitations and membership updates) and SoVision (for providing our IT support). We may gather statistics around email opening and clicks to help us improve. We may share anonymised information with Google Analytics (for our website traffic analysis) and our financial information with Quickbooks (for providing our online accountancy service).
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice and SurveyMonkey’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails sent via MailChimp or by emailing us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will share data with the Information Commissioners Office and law enforcement agencies and/or where required to so by law.
controlling your personal information
If you provide your personal information to us, then you have rights you may exercise to control how that data is used or retained.
If we do hold information about you, we will if you request:
- give you a description of the data we hold;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form;
- act upon your request to correct or update your details;
- restrict or remove the ability to process your data; and
- erase the information completely if you require this
(subject to any legal requirement it be retained).
For any of the above, you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Please email your request to us at email@example.com.
Further information on our systems is available from our data management policy here.